I don’t know how you do, but I love those long winter evenings that I enjoy a cup of my favorite green tea. Not only warms up the body, but also cheers up the soul, giving me a large portion of energy even after the toughest day full of activities. Until recently I treated it only as a drink, not knowing that it has a lot of health properties and what is most important for us, also slimming. It is therefore worth replacing other varieties of tea, black or earl grey, equally tasty but harmful when we drink larger amounts.
Green tea – composition and health properties
This tea variety comes from faraway Asia, namely China and Japan, where it has been known for centuries, being widely used in this region of the world also in natural medicine. Of course, it was first appreciated for its exceptional taste, which also captivated me, although they are so specific that not everyone will like them. Over time, it turned out that in addition to them has many valuable health properties, which is influenced by the chemical composition of green tea, full of vitamins: A, B, C, D and E, minerals such as zinc, calcium, potassium, fluorine, manganese and copper. Each cup of infusion, made from selected, hand-picked leaves, also contains extremely strong antioxidants, catechins and polyphenols.
The term green tea does not refer to only one tea species, and its characteristics depend, among other things, on the region in which it is grown and even on the way in which it is harvested. Unlike other species, its leaves are not fermented, so they retain their full nutritional value for a long time. Health properties could be talked about for hours, and the most important ones are worth mentioning:
- It is an invaluable aid in the treatment of digestive disorders, diarrhoea, flatulence, stomach disorder. It also improves metabolism, reduces the amount of LDL cholesterol in blood and regulates sugar levels, which is why it is recommended for diabetics;
- strengthening the natural immunity of the body, the immune barrier, which protects against infections, which are unavoidable especially in winter, when we are exposed to flu or other equally troublesome diseases. This is due to the content of polyphenols, tannins and amino acids;
- reducing the risk of heart and circulatory diseases, including hypertension, atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction and stroke;
- high effectiveness in cancer prevention, which enables antioxidants preventing the development of many types of cancer;
- increasing and maintaining full mental fitness, concentration and good memory for a long time, counteracting the development of the disease Alzheimer, Parkinson and senile dementia, as well as improving mood and general mental well-being;
- to provide the energy necessary for day-to-day operations;
- delay all natural aging processes of the body, especially the skin, which will always be firm and elastic.
Green tea – slimming properties
As I try to introduce you to the best and most effective ways of weight loss and the substances that make it easier, I must also include green tea. I’ve been drinking it for years, but I’ve never thought about the fact that it was thanks to it that I was able to reach my dream, low weight. I was made aware of this only by a pharmacist I know, they are giving a lecture on the salutary influence of polyphenols and catechins, which increase the chance for a positive ending of each weight loss treatment. Green tea also has no energy value and by drinking it we will certainly not gain weight, but in return we will gain a much better assimilability of all the nutrients that we supply with food. So you can fully stabilize your body weight, quickly reducing excess body fat.
This is due to the intensification of thermogenesis processes, which involve safe raising of body temperature and burning all unnecessary calories in this way. Our metabolism is also becoming equally efficient, our internal organs, at the forefront of the liver cope better with digestion of even the heaviest dishes, and green tea shows the fullness of its health power drunk about half an hour after the end of a meal. The best results will be achieved by combining this tasty and healthy drink with a well-balanced, light diet and physical activity, without which we will certainly not be able to lose weight.
Green tea – possible side effects and recommended use
Despite all these undeniable advantages, green tea should be drunk in moderation, because, like everything consumed in excessive quantities, it can cause some side effects. Fortunately, they are not too burdensome, but after exceeding 6-8 cups a day we have to reckon with:
- nausea and vomiting causing severe weakness;
- Do not drink directly before bedtime;
- possibility of anaemia as a result of inhibition of iron absorption by the body;
- Heart rate disorders and hypertension;
- osteoporosis, associated with calcium leaching.
However, this type of tea should be permanently introduced into your diet, remembering at the same time that it requires a completely different brewing. It cannot be flooded with boiling water, but with hot water at a maximum temperature of 70 – 80 degrees Celsius, which preserves all its valuable nutritional properties. This should also not take too long, because the result will be a tart infusion, practically unsuitable for consumption, even after sweetening or adding a slice of lemon.
Tea brewing itself is so troublesome that it is better to consider the use of dietary supplements that have it in composition. I don’t always have time to prepare a cup of drink, so for some time I regularly take Silvets. Thanks to it I manage to control and maintain proper body weight, and in each tablet apart from green tea extract there are also other 100% natural plant ingredients, such as acai berries, cayenne pepper, piperine and guarana. All of them not only have a beneficial effect on our health, but also have proven slimming properties.
You can also read about Silvets other slimming pills in my ranking.
I am 31 years old and I am passionate about everything associated with a healthy lifestyle. I try to live according to its principles, and I want to share my experiences with you on this blog. You can find here the necessary information about slimming diets that give the best results in the shortest time, and also reviews of dietary supplements supporting this process, in order to help you choose the most effective ones. I am also waiting for your comments, which certainly will not remain unanswered.